Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dead End Investigation.


Harold didn’t answer me yesterday, just picked up the envelope and put it in his pocket. I really don’t know what’s going on here, and for someone who generally knows everything that’s going on, that’s a huge worry. How can Harold know something that I don’t?

I went to the source of all Harold-knowledge. Ada.

We had a pleasant chat over a cup of tea, right to the point where I broached St. Marples’. Then she clammed up entirely and refused to be questioned about it. I left with the distinct feeling that it was a specific event that had caused their reticence to talk about it, so my trip to Ada wasn’t entirely a wasted avenue of enquiry.

A brief search through the county records revealed that St. Marple’s had last been occupies in 1994, when it had been the site of a weekly antiques fair.

Harold dealt in second-hand goods and antiques before I met him. His uncle Frederick used to give him a hand. Back to the Manor, I think. I have another lead.

4 comments:

Stinking Billy said...

Bearing in mind the immortality of your circle of friends, can I ask whether Harold ever got an arrow in the eye? Okay, I was just trying to poke a little fun again, but you are surrounded and engulfed by by so much secrecy and mistrust that I wonder why you stick together for so long? Oh,and you certainly got a result going straight to Ada, didn't you? ;-)

Leatherdykeuk said...

*chuckles*

Harold was born in 1965, so no ;)

aims said...

No arrow Billy - but probably a stick?

I do love where this is wandering off to. The fact that you - Jasfoup - don't know everything - does have me rubbing my wee hands in delight!

Leatherdykeuk said...

*chuckles*