Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Time to Dance


I’ve by-passed the council and written directly to the English Heritage society. I even backdated the letter and posted it last week to make sure they got it in time. “Caulder’s Folly,” I said, “known locally as St. Marples because of its link with the author Agatha Christie,* should be declared a site of historic interest because of its links with Saint Ethan of Laverstone. Etchings of the folly by St, Ethan are on display at the Laverstone Museum. It is currently under threat of demolition from the council, and I urge urgent action.”

We’ll see whether they agree to buy it. I was rather pleased with the phrase ‘urge urgent’ – it trips nicely off the tongue.

That left me free to deal with Harold. I’ve spent a week faffing about St. Marples and all I’ve had from him is the bill for the gargoyle and a confession about ‘feelings of uneasiness’. For the son of a fallen angel he can be quite pathetic. I decided to liven him up a bit.

The Succubus Club, well known in many circles (despite the name being used multiple times during the vampire-chic nineties for roleplaying games, pop bands and websites) for its discerning clientele, is only open between the hours of midnight and six a.m.. We went with Gillian, Julie and Felicia (a third is always awkward for a couple but Felicia bridges both sets to make a harmonious five. I knew all the dancers, of course, and although Harold had his eye on one or two I managed to re-introduce him to the heart-stopping beauty of Marisuel and remind him what she looked like without the make-up. You should have seen the colour drain from his face. It’s nice to see he hasn’t forgotten the time he summoned her four years ago.**

The most astonishing thing about the evening? I didn’t know Harold could dance the Charleston.




*of whom some recordings have recently been made available.
**Let’s just say she has a dentistry issue. ***
***76 sharp canines.

7 comments:

Olga/Maddie said...

76 sharp canines?

Ai yai yai!

Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that I have a new journal on this site.

And it can be found at: http://mikesmaddie.blogspot.com

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that the rest of the day goes all right for you all.

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

aims said...

Harold doing the Charleston....now that would have been fun to watch!

I fear Harold would moon after many a beauty without thought of them without makeup. Oh dear. He needs a firm hand there Jasfoup!
Or at least an example to follow....

Leatherdykeuk said...

Succubae are notorious for not looking their best in the morning. The tentacles flop out.

Stinking Billy said...

Nobody gets me reaching for my dictionary like you, and I hit gold this time. I reckon that succubus has raped me in my sleep more than once - a long time ago, of course. ;-)

Leatherdykeuk said...

There are an awful lot of succubae so it's more than likely.

A handy tip: Grab this little piece of free software and you can look up a word by highlighting it and pressing CTRL+ALT+W

http://wordweb.info/

aims said...

Have installed my wordweb today. Thanks Jasfoup!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Ha! A pleasure. Rachel uses it often.