Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friends...


“It doesn’t really work like that, Harold,” I said. “You can’t just buy gargoyles. They have to be traded with exquisitely drawn-up contracts and bartered for with the souls of the innocent.”

“Innocent, eh?” Harold scratched his chin. “That invariably means children.”

“We don’t deal with children,” I said. “His Dreadfulness has always been very clear on the not trading the souls of children.”

“I’ve seen you get signatures on contracts in exchange for lollipops,” said Harold

“That’s different,” I said. “Signatures are one thing. We don’t take their souls until they’re old enough to know right from wrong and choose the latter. It’s the Other Side that takes the souls of children out of their mortal flesh.”

I see,” said Harold. “We couldn’t just use the contract you used to get Tim and run off a few dozen copies then?”

“No, Harold, we couldn’t.” I paused. “Why do you want more gargoyles anyway?”

“They’re useful,” said Harold. “We could hire them out as bodyguards.”

“Pardon me, Sir,” said Tim. “But I have some friends that would come anyway, just for the pilchards.”

4 comments:

aims said...

I think Harold might be trying to calculate how much money he could possibly make from more gargoyles..

Humanitarism isn't a cloak that Harold wears well at all is it?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Not when there's a profit to be turned!

stephanie said...

Ha! Harold invariably gets turned about in his own ploys.

Leatherdykeuk said...

There's always a loophole!