Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Better than Gold


There was a rainbow over the war memorial today. I have to agree it was quite impressive. I marked where it landed and fetched the spade from the shed. Actually I sent Devious for the spade and let him do the digging as well. I was worried about getting my suit dirty.

We dug up the grass when he got back and about three feet down we came across a wooden box. Fabulous. I don’t know what we expected to find, since neither of us were interested in gold or cash, but we were as excited as a pair on little girls on Christmas Day.

We opened it up and found something better than gold. It was two hundred pages of A4 – the entire membership of the British Nationalist Party, every one of them automatically condemned to an eternity in boiling Tory manifestos.

Devious scanned them in and I mailed it to every political activist I could think of.

Result.

6 comments:

aims said...

I'm thinking you and Devious make a good pair. You could almost have the same name!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Jasfoup and Devious? The names are nothing alike! Devious is an imp. He does as he's told.

martha said...

Careful Jasfoup, you're starting to get a reputation for GOOD deeds; your boss won't like that.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Good deeds?

My deeds are neither good nor bad - just what I do to collect fuel for the fires of hell :)

sheepish said...

Laughed out loud at this, well done to the pair of you.

Leatherdykeuk said...

heh! Thanks, Sheepish :)