Monday, November 10, 2008

Night Vision


Out of professional interest I bought a pair of night vision goggles from an army surplus store in Chelsea yesterday. With the lapse in Sunday trading laws most of the shops are open anyway and I was amused enough by his sign for hours of business and the motto – Get a bayonet for the wife toady – that I went in. I must say I was quite taken with some of the gear and weaponry he had in there – I very much doubt the local branch of the TA has access to such state of the art equipment.

I tried it out last night. It isn’t that any of the residents of the manor needs such a device, more that I wanted to see what mortals could see when they used them. Bad news!

Harold lights up like a beacon, since he’s still mortal (mostly), as do Julie and Felicia. Gillian is blurred but still distinct and Frederick is still invisible. It doesn’t affect me at all, but the imps can be seen as blurry shapes – a bit like gnomes on ice.

In other news, have you ever noticed that mortal is moral with tea?

4 comments:

aims said...

My mind is a complete blank. What is the TA?

Moral with tea? That explains a lot doesn't it?

Leatherdykeuk said...

Sorry - Territorial Army - like the Reserves.

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Leatherdykeuk...

I have read of your posts. I liked it for the neat use of words and phrases. I would like to revisit your writings.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a flying visit to my blogs would be a good idea.

Naval Langa

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you, kind sir.

What a lot of blogs you have! I will peruse them slowly.