Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No More War, please


Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands.
1 Samuel 18:6-9

Contrary to expectations, war isn’t something propagated by Hell. Why would we need to, when every one of those souls will come to us on the allotted date anyway? We watch the unfolding of these atrocities with as much dismay as anyone else. The only one to profit from war is Heaven, from the rare act of compassion and the huge cull of mortal populations (it saves them a job).

God was killing mortals by the thousand before the first angel Fell. Remember the flood? Saul? David? I tell you, war has nothing to do with Hell. Who are the riders of the Apocalypse? Are they demon? No. they are angels that glory in War, Plague, Famine and Death.

So I watched the parade in the high street and watched as they commemorated the dead and listened to the two minutes of silence for peace and the safe delivery of those fighting in another corporate funded war.

I wore my white poppy and I only got spat on a couple of times. Even wearing a Poppy for Peace can be an opportunity for violence

I looked up and the clouds shifted and I saw Heaven and the angels watching. It was an uneasy truce but One minute when Harold was young has become two minutes thirty years later. Perhaps in another 1800 years we’ll have a whole hour of peace, every year.

5 comments:

ChrisH said...

Well said, Jasfoup.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thank you.

aims said...

Ditto chrish -

Juliette M said...

I tried to find a white poppy this year but to no avail. I'm glad Jasfoup wore one.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Juliette :)