Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Viral


Billy, after my reference to teeth, asked me about eyesight and hearing. To be fair, I don’t know of any demons that have defective eyesight and a lack of hearing will get you a fast demotion when an assassin sneaks up with a vial of Holy Water. Still, I’ve always suspected some of the Third – they’re the demons that Fell from Heaven – are partially deaf because they won’t speak any language other than Hebrew or the Tongue of the Abyss and ignore you completely if you speak in say, colloquial Chesterfield.

There are some demons with failing eyesight but it tends to be by personal choice. They cultivate the image of an old grand-dad, the better to lure the patrons in. There’s nothing more disconcerting to a would-be temptee to find the demon he’d trading his soul with can’t read the small print. “Never mind,” he’ll say. “It’s all Greek to me.”

In other news, Ada got a letter through for a flu jab. “What do I want with one of those?” she said. “no flu virus would dare to touch me.”

No comments: