Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pleasure and Pain


A sprig of Holly can be a delightful thing.*

When left on the tree it becomes a harbinger of winter, a seasonal reminder of the holiday season, a pointer to the winter king and a snack or small meal for a variety of birds. When cut from the bush and brought inside, the holly becomes a delightful seasonal decoration, often used in the construction of wreaths and table decorations.

In the hands of a master it has other uses. It can give the effect of erotic pain when run across the naked skin of a lover or it can become an instrument of agony and torture.

I like both, personally, but then I’ve always been a bit of a demon in the bedroom.

Or anywhere, really.




*Please assume I’m talking about two or three leaves and a few berries. If you like, you can imagine the rarer variegated holly leaf but I’d rather you limited yourself to the pointy variety, rather than the spineless kind.

3 comments:

Stinking Billy said...

Oh, rachel, all that lovely prose at the beginning had me thinking I had tuned into the Vatican, Westminster Abbey or Alan Titchmarsh. But, then you reverted to type with a bang and I was able to relax again. You can be quite cruel at times, but it would be a poor demon who wasn't? ;-)

Leatherdykeuk said...

Heh! Glad not to disappoint.

stephanie said...

*smiles*

That is all.