Monday, May 31, 2010

Dead Rite chapter 7.06

"Manoach?" Legion pressed the button again, staring at the text so carefully displayed under polarised glass. "Manoach wrote of his life after sheltering me?"

"If that was his name, yes." Harold joined her in looking at the scroll fragments. "The Bible never mentions who he was, just that he went off to tell people what had happened."

"We were lovers." Legion turned away from the case. "Galilee was a wild place in those days, full of the Fallen after the uprising in Heaven. Iesua stormed through the land ejecting them hither and thither and paid no heed to what happened to them afterward."

"And what did happen?"

"Manoach persuaded him to let us possess a herd of pigs instead of going back to Sheol but Iesua tricked us. He set his disciples to chase the pigs over the edge of the cliff into the sea. Those that were not split open on the rocks beneath perished in the sea. We would have gone back to Hell had there not been a fisherman close by. We possessed him and gathered once more, but some of my children were lost. I thought they would return to Sheol but there was no spark of contact."

"What happened to them?"

"They were lost in the world of men. For two thousand years I have walked the earth, searching for them. Many have I found but Forty three remain lost to me."

Ada touch Harold's arm. "I told her you'd help, love. It's your field of expertise, isn't it?"

6 comments:

Dave King said...

I've obviously missed an episode or two. Will have to backtrack, but the writing is as good as ever.

Leatherdykeuk said...

Yes Dave -- sorry. A novel by daily installment!

aims said...

I've caught up Jasfoup.

Here I was searching for the next installment - so enthralled was I and not paying any attention to dates at all.

Very intriguing. Whew!

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Aims. I'm writing with a four-day buffer zone at the moment!

stephanie said...

Oh, now I see. Beautiful.

Am catching up now. May not comment on every installment, but am reading (and loving as usual).

Leatherdykeuk said...

Thanks Steph :)

No need to comment on them all!