Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dead Rite chapter 11.02

The Amanda-demon laughed. "I've never heard of a demon becoming a priest before. What gullibility these mortals possess."

"To be fair, I've lived here a long time. I've had a chance to learn their ways, blend in."

"You must have." It reached across and opened the door. "Well, I'd like to say it's been fun talking to you, but I reserve lies for important things. Goodbye."

"Already? But we were having such a lovely chat."

"Goodbye." The Amanda-demon smiled. "That's the last time I ask politely. I will have no problem dismissing you to Hell."

"Ah." Jasfoup turned to Amanda. "Best we get going then. You first, dear."

"Go? But it's got my body. You can't just leave. Get my body back." She raised her index fingers in a cross and advanced toward her body. In the name of God I command you to leave, spirit."

The Amanda-demon shook its head. "They never learn, do they?" It placed its hands together, palms outward, and plunged them deep into Amanda's ghostly form then drew them apart. Amanda shrieked as her form was torn to shreds and vanished.

"That was a bit harsh." Jasfoup stepped over the pool of bile and stood on the threshold. "She was very new to the whole business of being dead. You didn't have to be so mean."

The Amanda-demon frowned. "Yes I did. I'm a demon. Being mean is what we do best. You're a demon. Aren't you evil?"

Jasfoup shrugged. "Evil is a state of mind and doesn't have to dictate your actions. I'm not evil. I just am. Good and evil are concepts for mortals to debate over. I just facilitate their choice."

"How?"

"By reminding them they have a choice." Jasfoup smiled and leaned forward to pluck a stray hair from the lapel of the Amanda-demon's blouse. "This has been lovely. We must do it again sometime--?"

The demon ignored the hint. "No." It pushed Jasfoup firmly out. "We really mustn't."

4 comments:

aims said...

Suddenly I see 2 of you Jasfoup. The white one on my right shoulder and the red one on my left.

Leatherdykeuk said...

I tried a white suit once. People thought I was David Bowie.

stephanie said...

Not so likable any longer.

Is Amanda really gone for good? :(

Leatherdykeuk said...

Perhaps not.

We shall see...