Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dead Rite chapter 87.06

Harold bent at the waist to look at the water in the tank. “It's a bit cloudy.”

“That's because there's undissolved Natron salt left over. It's a saturated solution”

“What does it feel like?”

“What?” Delirious stared at him. “How should I know?”

“Stick your hand in. Is it gritty?”

“Is that an order? Only I'd rather not, if it isn't. The whole solution is caustic. It's likely strip the flesh off my fingers.”

“Ah. Best not then.” Harold straightened. “You haven't used all the natron.”

“No, but we can't add any more unless we add more water and there's already too much in.”

“Too much? It's only half full.”

“But if you allow for the volume of her body the water will overflow when she gets in. We can't add any more.”

“You should have made the tank bigger.”

“You told us to make a glass coffin and that's exactly what you've got. If you'd said anything about it being an immersion tank I'd have made it significantly larger. As it is, you should achieve the desired saturation of transferred salts in six weeks or so, but I recommend adding extra salts half way through the process.”

“I'm not sure that will be possible.”

“Why not?”

“I want to see what she looks like when she comes out. I don't want to wait six weeks so I want you to put her in the tomb six weeks ago.”

“But she'll be conscious. You can't put someone in the mausoleum for six weeks if they're conscious.”

“How do you know?”

“I...well...”

“There you go. Let's do it.”

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You can't put someone in the mausoleum for six weeks if they're conscious.”

“How do you know?”

“I...well...”

“There you go. Let's do it.”


Oh dear.

Leatherdykeuk said...

And not even a book to read!