Monday, March 5, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 101.03

“You wanted to go to Magelight?” Harold glanced across at Dill. “Isn't this the wat to their place?”

“Only the secret toilet entrance. I've no idea how that works and besides, there are guards at the bottom of the elevator shaft. I'd never get inside without being caught.”

“Oh.” Harold slowed. “Then where should I take you? There's an entrance under the museum in the park they keep secret.”

“Secret?”

“Not from me, obviously. I have a spy network.”

“Really? That sounds...surprisingly organised of you.”

“You say that like it's unusual. It isn't.” Harold pulled into the next lay-by and stopped. “I have a whole network of supernatural informants. Mostly ghosts, t be fair, but there's nothing like the ghost of an old man to moan about 'what the council are doing to the wheelie bins' or ' Have you seen who's moved in to number twelve? A family from Birmingham! That'll bring the house prices down.' To be fair, they usually tell Uncle Frederick and he mentions anything I might think important, but still... there's not much that goes on I don't know about.”

“Clever. I think I should use the tunnel from your house, though, if it's all the same to you. Safer that way. I don't think anyone saw me go out.” He paused, looking through the windscreen.

Harold followed his gaze. Emerging from the woods was a gleaming silver robot, it's figure little more than a skeleton. “What on earth is that?”

“That's what I was telling you about. It's a terminator golem.”

No comments: