Friday, March 9, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 101.07

“I don't drink milk. I'm lactose intolerant.” Dill gave his hiss of laughter again. “Actually, I think I'm pretty much everything intolerant now. It goes right through me.”

“I meant 'we' as in 'we at the manor'. Would you mind picking up a four-pinter?I'll give you the money. Blue top for preference. I can't bear the low-fat stuff. Jasfoup says they came up with it downstairs to give people the idea of drinking milk but with none of the benefits.”

“I think you misunderstood my idea of shopping.” He gripped the overhead strap as Harold took the speed bumps at thirty miles per hour. “Go low.”

“I'm sorry?”

“Go low. It's a seven level car park. Most people park on the first two but you should park on four or five.”

“Why? That just means you have to go further to get to the shop.”

“I hadn't planned on actually shuffling in under the bright lights and ripping someone's head off, you know. That would bring me a little more attention than I would otherwise enjoy. Have you seen the amount of army personnel in Laverstone this week?”

“They're here because of you?” Harold manoeuvred down the ramps to the fourth floor. There were few cars here, though one moved with a rhythmic motion reminiscent of his youth. He parked close to the elevators.

“It's a bit bright here.”

“So?. It's next to the lifts. Plus, I need to check the van.”

No comments: