Friday, April 13, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 104.01

Chapter 104

“Oh dear.” Harold squatted next to the charred corpse of the zombie. “I liked him.”

“He was a zombie.”

“Doesn't matter. I still liked him.” Harold set Lucy on the floor. “Do you think he's still alive?”

Gillian turned away and looked out across the drive toward the main road. “He's a zombie. You know what they're like. You have the pulverise their bones to release their spirits. He's not pulverised.”

“I thought it was damage to the brain that killed them?”

“Only in the movies. You can stop them attacking by severing the brain's connection with the rest of the body but the spirit is still there. It's like the gear box in a car. You can still rev the engine but is the gears box is shot you're not going anywhere.”

“So he's in there but unable to move or speak or eat?”

“Pretty much.”

“What a horrible way to end your existence.”

Gillian shrugged. “Who cares? It's a zombie. Now, can you have one of the imps bury it? The smell is making me gag.”

“Certainly not. I liked him. What if I dribble blood into his mouth?”

“It might work. Pureed body parts would be better.”

“Ugh. I don't fancy doing that. Would you mind?”

“Yes, actually. I'm not killing some poor villager to feed a zombie.”

“You do it to feed a vampire.”

“That's different.”

“How?”

“We don't flay the skin for a protein shake.”

No comments: