Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dead Rie chapter 110.06


“Guys? I thing you're taking my hypothesis to ridiculous levels. I was trying to put forward a reasoned argument and you've reduced it to include fiction because it gave you a quick laugh and made you feel less uncomfortable about your belief system.”

“Just be glad we aren't priests.” Jasfoup nudged Harold with his elbow. “We'd burn you as a heretic just for suggesting Creation was a myth,”

Harold grinned. “And what about spirits? We can see, hear and manipulate the spirit outside of the human body. It is, after all, why you're in the position you're in now. Evolution doesn't take the spirit into account.”

“I don't know about spirits. I've yet to fit them into my unified theory of the evolution of everything.” Dill looked down at his phone. “Talking of which, I'm worried about Sam. It's not like him to be out of contact with me.”

“What's normal in the life of a technological ghost?” Jasfoup sniffed. “Perhaps he's switched sides and works for Jimmy Hunt now.”

Dill shook his head. “He wouldn't do that.”

“Maybe he's moved on.” Harold laid a hand gently on the zombie's shoulder, in the cleanest patch of cloth he could see without it being obvious he was checking first. “It's certainly possible he's gone to a better place.”

“Or Heaven, though that's highly unlikely.”

Dill scowled. “You don't know Sam. Don't judge him. Who are you to say he wouldn't have gone to Heaven. He was a brilliant hardware technician but that doesn't make him bad.”

“I didn't say it did.”

“You said it was unlikely he'd be in Heaven, assuming the place exists at all.”

“I did say that.” Jasfoup smiled. “But not because of Sam's morality but because Heaven isn't available as an option for souls. It never was. Even the Bible says that no-one will go to Heaven until judgement day.”

No comments: