Monday, June 4, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 111.07


White leaned across and switched on the radio. Classical music filled the car. “I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wait a bit longer. Daylight will give us a better opportunity to find evidence, anyway.”

“That was my thought too, sir.” Peters released his seat belt. “I will stand outside, though, if I may? Just to stretch my legs.”

“Of course.” White followed suit, standing outside the car with the doors open, the music flowing out into the landscape. “It's times like this I wish I still smoked.”

“Never tried it, sir, and I doubt I ever will. Still, a bit of Stravinsky helps dissipate the morning gloom.”

“If you say so.”

“So who's got the cryogenic chambers, then? Who do we blame for all this mess?

“When you're dealing with something so high-tech is seems like magic, and there's a cutting edge tech research facility in the vicinity, where would your thoughts go?

“Hence your desire to talk to Jim Hunt.”

“Exactly, Sergeant. Magelight is behind all this, you mark my words.”

No comments: