Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 122.06


He surveyed the collection on inert bodies and tried not to look at the flesh of his daughter heaving with what looked like tentacles below the surface. “Further to my earlier ponderances on who we were allied with, I think we've declared for Legion, haven't we?”

“It looks that way.” Jasfoup drew him to one side. “They're not hurting her you know. You needn't be so worried about her.”

“Who? Lucy?” Harold gave a bark of laughter. “I'm not worried. I sure a two year old can handle a dozen demons living inside her.”

“She's Legion's heir. She can pretty much do anything.”

“I can see her skin deforming, though.”

“Only because you have the Sight. If you were looking at her with purely the visual spectrum you wouldn't see a thing. She's fine, honestly. She can take two thousand demons inside her without batting an eyelid.” He frowned. “I can hear myself saying that and I apologise.”

“It gives me the willies just to think about it.”

“I can imagine.”

“Let's get on, shall we?”

“Through this door here, I presume.” Jasfoup pulled unsuccessfully at an exit that looked to access the glass-walled room. “Dill? Your services are required once more.”

No comments: