Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 124.08


“Why on earth would you want to do that?” Harold tried to stop himself from laughing, suspecting it wouldn't go down well. “The hierarchy of hell is barely coherent as it is, send an army of golems in there and you'll do more good than damage. I don't care how big your army is it'll be crushed before gets past the Styx. They might bicker among themselves but send a mutual oppressor in they'll all band together faster than a rat out of an aqueduct.”

“You do have a point but they won't expect my golems. Living machines that are virtually indestructible.” Manoach smiled. “Assuming nobody tells them, of course.”

“Meaning me I suppose.” Harold tutted. “One could put forward the point it would have been better to have discouraged me from coming in than allow this meeting only to be forced to eliminate me afterwards. I have to say I'm not keen on the idea.”

“Eliminate you, Mr Waterman?" Manoach shook his head. “That would be such a waste. I wouldn't dream of it.”

“What then?" Harold looked at the writhing, shadowy forms of the Demons. “Oh. You mean possession don't you? How tedious.”

No comments: