Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dead Rite chapter 130.09


Harold transferred the Madonna bottle to his pocked and fumbled off the lid. This would be an attack they weren't suspecting. He glanced at the number of legionnaires around him. He hadn't enough water to disable them all, though he could certainly give it his best. “I get your point, but wasn't everything turned on its head by Iesu? I mean, I don't want to preach or anything but every church picks and chooses which bits of the Bible God agrees with and which are no longer applicable.”

Manoach frowned, holding up a hand to stay the enthusiasm on his minions. “I'm not sure what you mean.”

“The church decides upon the Word of God, doesn't it? They still see being gay as an abomination but adultery and eating shellfish is perfectly fine. I had some people come to my house canvassing for the Saviour's pyramid scheme who told me they didn't mind gay people as long as they confessed their sin and turned straight. And these people had cut their hair and shaved.”

“You're missing the point, Mr Waterman. I'm not talking about man's interpretation of God's word, but what He actually said to my friends here. You can't dispute what you heard with your own ears.”

“I once said I hated my mum because she wouldn't let me stay up to watch The Exorcist when I was ten. I didn't mean it.”

“But as I've already pointed out, God is infallible.”Manoach dropped his hand. “And I hope you've made your peace with Him.”

The demon to Harold's right screeched and attached. Which was odd because it didn't have a mouth.

No comments: