Monday, January 21, 2013

Dead Rite chapter 135.11

“Of course not.” Gillian buffed her nails against her lapel. “Some of them are actually quite nice.”

“Thank you.” Harold looked upstairs. “I wish I knew where Dill had gone. I have a huge sense of foreboding , not only about him overhearing me, but about the whole outcome of this expedition in general. You know, if it wasn't for the bodies I'd be inclined to think it was all a ploy to get us to deal with Jim Hunt and his legion of demons. That's silly, isn't it? Tell me I'm just paranoid.”

“You're just paranoid, Harold.” Jasfoup clapped him in the back and left his arm there, turning and guiding him further up the stairs. “Actually, I'm glad you said that, not because I think you're right, per se, but because I am becoming increasingly concerned about our young friend. Not that I think he deserves to die. He isn't scheduled to for a while yet, but he does need to be separated from his associate.”

“So that we can dispose of Sam in a safe and controlled manner?”

“Not exactly. I was thinking more along the lines of locking him in a box so that we could gain the benefit of his genius without the worry of an impending doom.”

“I see.” Harold sucked his lip as he he trod mechanically up the stairs. He glanced back at Gillian. “What do you think?”

“About Sam? I think he's dangerous but there's no way you could keep him locked up. He worked out how to inhabit an electrical system. No way you can keep him locked up.”

“Not physically, no.”

Jasfoup's eyebrows beetled together. “What are you thinking?”

“I think it's time he met his dad.”

No comments: