Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dead Rite chapter 154.10


“No. No it's not.” Eddie backed off until he bumped into the television. Fortunately, it was an ancient CRT set rather then a modern, slimline LCD so it withstood the contact without harm. “I swear you were a woman when you came in. I wouldn't have offered you a tour of my bedroom if I'd known you were a bloke.”

“You say that now.” Jasfoup took a step toward him, forcing Eddie, whose back was to the wall, to take a step sideways. “But only because your brother is in the room. You were offering me sex...practically begging me for it...while you still thought he was asleep.”

“That's not true. I swear I thought you were a woman.”

“I've heard you say that before.” Jared slunk into the kitchen and began opening cupboards. With the exception of the one holding mugs and plates, he thrust his head as far as he could inside each one then pulled out several different foodstuffs. Sugar from one cupboard, packets of dry custard powder, a can of tuna, another of luncheon meat. “I think you just don't want to admit you'll take whatever's on offer irrespective of gender or species.”

“Species?” Jasfoup frowned and consulted his blackberry. “I don't have anything about bestiality in here.”

“I never did.” Eddie scowled and left his place of safety in order to speak to his brother. “What are you on about? I never did anything with an animal.”

“There was that bloke in the mascot costume.”

“Costume being the operative word.” Jareth frowned. “And I didn't realise it was a bloke inside. The costume was a girl fox.” He looked at Harold and shrugged. “The college rugby team. How was I to know it was a bloke under the fur?”

Harold nodded sympathetically. “It could have happened to anyone.”

No comments: