Monday, December 9, 2013

Dead Rite chapter 162.12

“Jasfoup summoned a succubus which can take on any aspect you desire to see.”

“Exactly, and the doctor desired to see Mrs Fenshaw.”

Harold nodded as he regarded the succubus. “I thought I recognised her.”

“Recognised her?” Sefskapoi nudged him with an elbow, one of his own, Harold was relieved to see. “Summon many succubae, do you? Keep you company on cold nights, do they?”

“Not really, no. That's Marisuel. Jasfoup introduced me to her the first time I met him.”

“Oh yes?” Sefskapoi looked less like Timothy Spall and more like Eric Idle. Harold was almost surprised he didn't say 'nudge nudge, wink wink, a nod's as good as a wave to a blind bat.' “Did you have a go?”

“Have a go? Have a go on what?”

“On the succubus. They're famous for it, you know.”

“So I've heard.” Harold watched her manoeuvre herself carefully back into the house, closely followed by the doctor and the female police officer. “Unfortunately, Jasfoup showed me her true form. After witnessing the claws, spines, scales and venom injectors one rather loses one's appetite.”

“And one's lunch.” Sefskapoi chuckled.

No comments: