Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dead Rite chapter 162.15

“There we have the crux of the matter. The rallying cry of small boys everywhere. 'I'll set my dad on you'. Good to know it's the same for human-demon hybrids.”

“We prefer to be called nephilim.”

“I'm sure you do. I like to be called early for dinner but am I ever?”

“That's hardly comparable, is it? You're calling my parentage into question. Isn't that a crime anywhere?”

“Not really. It's not even a sin.” Sefskapoi shrugged. “You're not the only one with a lightning bolt birthmark, anyway. If you're the son of Lucifer, does that mean Harry Potter was the son of Lucifer as well? He had a bolt of lightning on his forehead.”

“Harry Potter was a fictional character and besides, the lightning bolt was a scar left over from the magic that killed his mother not a birthmark so no, he wasn't the antichrist, much as the Christian right would have you believe otherwise.”

“Ha! I love those guys. Anything which takes the public eye they jump on the bandwagon and claim it's the work of the antichrist. Sharp rise in mobile phone related automobile accidents? Must be the antichrist. The proportion of children reading again after a downward trend lasting years? Must be the antichrist. Church leaders in paedophilia scandal? Antichrist again. The Chinese have just put a man on the moon. Let them begin to claim that as the work of the devil.”

“I think they're busy enough picketing women's clinics and hospitals.” Harold shook his head sadly. “Funny how it's never God's will to burn down churches.”

“That's because they think it must be the antichrist.”

“I never did and they can't prove it.”

No comments: