Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dead Rite chapter 162.18

Harold knocked on the door and waited the few seconds it took Jasfoup to check who was outside (though he should have been able to tell, just from Harold's aura, though that was entirely Harold's opinion – perhaps his aura was so big it was impossible to see because Jasfoup was already inside it, like trying to see London from Piccadilly) and open the door. He was pulled inside with an efficient arm drag.

“Where's Sefskapoi?”

Harold jerked his head to indicate outside. “He's trying to con the doctor out of his soul.”

“Right. I'll have to do the spell reversal, then. You get ready to pull the demon out.”

“It's not as easy as that. I don't have the talent for it Lucy has.”

“You did well enough on the last one.”

“Thanks.” Harold beamed. Praise from Jasfoup was rare and worth treasuring. “What happened to Marisuel?”

“Aww. Miss her, do you? She had to go. She only came as a favour to me and had to dash off to an appointment. How did you know it was her?”

“The shoes gave it away and once I knew it was a succubus I recognised her.”

“You did have quite a thing for her at one point.”

“Only until you showed me her true form.”

“I think her true form is rather attractive, really.”

“Perhaps, but my tastes don't run to women with lobster claws and scorpion tails.”

“That's a shame. She likes you a lot.”

No comments: