Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 163.15


“Eww.” Harold squeezed his eyes shut, as if he could rid himself of the mental image. “Come on. Let's get this over with. It's been a long day and I want to go home.”

“Right, yes.” Jasfoup called to the other demon. “Sef? If you'll just stop watching the kid for a minute, would you kindly reverse the mirror so we can disseminate the mother's spirit?”

“Sure, yes. Sorry.” Sefskapoi made his way down the hall and looked into the bathroom. “All clear?”

Harold ducked behind the door while he reversed the spell. He wrinkled his nose against the familiar stink of blood and faeces and decaying flesh but when he looked in he was pleasantly surprised to find the mess confined to the bath. The woman looked at him, her shirt and trousers filthy but her skin surprisingly clean. “I can't stop it,” she said, using a cloth to wipe away the bubbles of black blood forcing its way through the pores of her skin. “Can you take me to the hospital?”

“I'm sorry, no.”

“I'm contagious, aren't I? I thought I might be. That's why I locked myself in here. I didn't want Darren to catch whatever I've got..”

“You're not contagious.” Harold tried to twist his face into a sympathetic expression. “You're dead.”

No comments: