Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 166.04


Dill remained expressionless, his face more like a child's drawing than anything that could pass for human, though it was an improvement on the decomposition he'd been subject to prior to this. “Isn't that true for everyone?”

“Yes, but most people don't control the world's computer systems.”

“In a hundred years there'll be artificial intelligences that can do just that. Do you think they'll be any better at not judging humanity? At least Sam was human once. He can be a better judge of human foibles than any AI.”

Harold rubbed at his temple and the half-eaten sandwich, forgotten in his other hand, flopped open, dumping shredded beef and noodles over the surface of the table. Devious hurried to scrape it up. “I see your point. Perhaps he would be an influence for the good. Let me think about it, okay?”

“Sure.” Dill remained expressionless. “It goes for me too, you know. I want to be able to construct a better body for myself.”

Harold gave him a single nod. “I know.”

No comments: