Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 166.14

November tag 08 (right)
“I was hoping for the opposite. I was hoping I could replicate myself infinitely, or at least once or twice. Imagine having a workforce you could trust absolutely because they were, for all intents and purposes, yourself. Imagine the great work you could do with a roomful of geniuses all thinking exactly alike.”

“Which sounds fine in theory until you come across a problem you haven't the skillset to resolve. Then all you have is a roomful of idiots.” Harold shook his head. Better to diversify than replicate. Clones are a fine idea until you find the one weakness common to them all and then your advantage is so permanently lost you'd have been better off not having one to start with.”

“But this is me we're talking about.” Dill raised his hands to the level of his shoulders, palm uppermost. He looked camp and smug. “I don't lack any skillsets I can't learn by reading a book.”

“Oh yes?” Jasfoup grinned. “What about making babies?”

No comments: