Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 167.03

“I can't say I'm surprised.” White took a sip of his tea and grimaced at the lack of sugar. “Haven't we got any of those little tablets to sweeten things?”

“Little tablets?” Beryl turned, her eyebrows raised apparently in shock. “The saccharine tablets I used to use when I was cutting out sugar for my Pound Pounders diet? I seem to recall you telling me how disgusting they were and that they'd cause me more problems in the long run than sugar ever did.” She took a deep breath. “In fact, you told me that if ever you wanted to give up sugar you'd just stop. Saccharine was just a crutch, you said, and if I had any real willpower I'd just make the switch to no sugar.”

“But I didn't decide to give up. I'm being forced to give up.”

“By your unhealthy lifestyle and dependence on junk food and sugar.” Beryl took another sip of tea. “Anyway, I don't have any. I stopped using them last year.”

No comments: