Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 168.08

She struggled to be put down so her let her go. She slid off the bed and fumbled for the green plastic, putting it back to her lips and blowing the tune for one of her cartoon shows.

“Away with you, you little horror. I need to shower and get dressed.”

“Are you going to make me breakfast?”

“Food? Again? I fed you last night. You can't possibly want food already.”

Her face crumpled. “But I'm hungry.”

He laughed. “I was only kidding. I'm hungry too. What would you like for breakfast?”

“Pancakes.”

“As though will it, so shall it be. Ask–” He was about to say 'Devious' but remembered how Lucy had claimed he was the only one who ever fed her. “Ask me again when I get downstairs. You know what a memory I've got.”

“It's not a memory, it's a forgettory.”

That was a new one to him. “Where did you hear that?”

“There was an old lady in the supermarket with a list of things to buy, only she'd forgotten her glasses and couldn't read it.”

No comments: