Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 169.01


Dill pressed the end of the cable into his arm, feeling the hard plastic connector dig through the flesh at the back of his neck. He wasn't entirely sure what it was supposed to achieve, but he'd seen enough films in his lifetime to know this was the only way to jack in.

“What exactly are you doing?”

Dill jumped at the demon's voice, unaware he'd even entered the room. He looked around guiltily, but there was no disguising the wire protruding from his neck. The demon was leaning against the wall next to the door, one leg crossed casually over the other so that the toHe swallowed, completely needlessly. “I was trying to access the computer. Jacking in.”

“Ah. Clever.” Jasfoup pushed himself away from the wall and came forward. “Are there I thought you were jacking off.”

“Ha-ha.” Dill reached behind his head and tugged out the end of the wire. “It didn't work, anyway. Not that I thought it would but–”

“It looks cool.”

“Yeah.” Dill grinned. “How did you know?”

“In your place I might have done the same. Jagged a wire into my brainstem, Got a cheap high from hydrangea flowers. Designed a supercomputer with a mobile access protocol to hack any system it can get close to.” He shook his head, a wry smile on his face. “There only one difference between you and me.”

“What's that?”

“I'm not stupid.”

No comments: