Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 169.10


Dill opened his bellows to their fullest extent and sighed. “Which brings us neatly back to the point of Harold locking you into my head.”

“Has he, though?”

“Well, yes. We've spent almost twenty-four hours digging pieces out of our body without finding the sigils that bind us to this flesh. Harold even admitted we were prisoners here until he felt we'd earned his trust.”

“Yes, but am I a prisoner in your body or are you a prisoner in mine?”

“I don't get what you mean.”

“When I was in Magelight I learned a thing or two about system management.”

“So?” Dill was cautious. “What has that got to do with us?”

“I learned how to isolate systems and...”

“And?”

“Shut them down.” Sam listened to the silence of no reply, allowed himself another smile and called for Jasfoup. “I need some parts for Orias. Would you mind having them collected for me?”

“Not at all.” The demon frowned. “Are you all right? You sounded a little off-key there for a moment. More of a southern accent than a midlands one.”

“This body takes a little time to adjust to.” Sam twisted Dill's mouth into a smile and modulated his voice toward a Birmingham drawl. “Give me a week or two and I'll be just fine.”

No comments: