Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 171.02


“I don't understand.”

Harold waved a hand dismissively. “I'm sorry. It was a joke.”

“Not a very amusing one, I take it?”

“Apparently not.” Harold circled her to put one arm protectively over his daughter. “When did you live here, then? I take it you were a servant of some sort.”

“Why do you say such a thing?”

“Well, you're not exactly dressed for the opera, are you?”

“Opera?”

“Ladies with large bosoms singing about death.”

“We called that church in my day.”

“Haha. Very good. No, seriously, what year did you die?”

“I can't rightly say.”

“Who was on the throne?”

“Of England?”

“Of course, of England. That's where we live.”

“It was King George the Second, long may he reign.”

Harold frowned. “Early eighteenth century, then. Interesting.”

No comments: