Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 172.03


Harold was astonished at the ingenuity of the man. Beast. Golem. “You can use a toaster as a modem?”

“What?” Dill brandished a pair of wire cutters in his direction. “No. Don't be daft. I pinched the fuse out of it to see if that was the problem. It wasn't, as it happens, so the fuse is on the desk if you want to take it.” He paused. “You do know how to put a fuse in a plug, I suppose?”

“Of course I do. What do you take me for?”

“I dunno.” He expertly clipped the plastic coating of a bundle of wires as thin as a cat's whisker and clamped another micro-USB plug onto the end of them, his fingers elongating into thin filaments of play-dough to hold each wire in place. “I always though you privileged types had servants to do that sort of thing.”

“You've met my mother.” Harold winked, though he wasn't sure the golem was looking at him. “I was the servant.”

No comments: