Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 172.04


“What are you doing, anyway?”

“I told you. The modem died so I've built another one from scratch.”

“Does that mean my computer won't work either?”

“What do you take me for. I've just said. I've built another one. All I have to do is reinstall the firmware and Bob's your uncle, as my uncle used to say.”

“You had an uncle called Bob?”

“No. Gary, his name was. A bit of a tosser, to be honest. Always flirting with my mom when my dad's back was turned. Not the she ever discouraged it and if Dad did notice anything he'd put it down to his brother having a laugh.” He straightened. “There. That should do it. It connects to a satellite now instead of the phone line so we should be a bit faster on the response time. Of course, what I'd really recommend is a full fibre optic two Terrabyte dedicated line.”

“What would that run me two?”

“How should I know? Do I look like I'm made of money?”

No comments: