Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 172.12


“Ah, I see.” Dill nodded sagely. “Best I keep my wishes to myself, then.”

Harold wrinkled his nose. “Probably best, yes. Djinni are notorious for finding loopholes in the simplest of requests, worst than demons, I'm told. Ask a djinn for a new body and the chances are you'll spend the rest of your days as a garden gnome.”

“I'll go back to my earlier plan of designing and building one from scratch, I think.”

“Probably for the best.” Harold raised the fuse once more. Thanks for this. You know where I am if there's anything you need.”

“The incantation to free us from this flesh?”

“Anything but that.” Harold inclined his head. “Please don't block the door again.”

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Rachel, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Rachel Green said...

Hi Chris. Thank you! I've just had a browse through yours, too. How delightful :)