Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 173.04


He reached out, touching her arm lightly as if he expected it to burn him. “I'll be careful. Light duties only, I promise. No haring around the woods in the middle of the night.”

She sank onto the edge of the bed, gazing into his eyes and shaking her head softly. “Tell me why this has to be you, Cam. Tell me why you can't leave it to the sergeant to deal with, or one of the other inspectors.”

“It's personal, Beryl. I can't go to my grave letting this case go unsolved. I'll be a laughing stock around the station if I can't solve the Giant Robot case. You know what they're calling me behind my back?”

“Doctor Who.” Her answer was huffed out almost under her breath.

“Yes.” He frowned. “How did you know?”

“I remember this happening before. They've called you that for years.”

No comments: