Friday, April 11, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 173.07


“A pub on a Saturday lunchtime?”

“You know, filled with the unwashed watching the FA cup on the big screen telly.”

“I don't see how I could possibly know that, seeing as the nearest you ever took me to the pub on a Saturday lunchtime was to drop me off at the supermarket.”

“You didn't like pubs. You still don't.”

“Hardly the point, though, is it. I never realised you were just getting rid of me for the afternoon.”

“You liked going shopping.” He frowned. “You used to meet your sister and compare horror stories about me and...what was her husband's name again?”

“Reginald. You should at least remember that. You gave the eulogy at his funeral.”

White nodded. “I remember. I said he was fond of golf when it was actually bowls. I almost got lynched by his groupies.”

No comments: