Monday, April 14, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 173.08


“Yes. I couldn't look her in the eye for weeks afterwards. I was almost glad when she moved to Torquay.”

“So was I.”

“You never did like Beatrice, did you? You wouldn't dance with her at our wedding.”

“I was worried about getting my toes broken. She was drunk.”

“Everyone drinks at a wedding.”

“This was before you'd even walked up the aisle.”

“She had a soft spot for you. I expect she still does, if she's forgotten your eulogy.”

“She was already married to Reg at the time. He couldn't drag her away fast enough when she put her tongue in my ear.”

“Don't be ridiculous. She was trying to whisper I was on my way.”

“She was trying to get me to run away with her.”

“I expect she was having a laugh. She was a bit tipsy.”

“That's like saying to Pope's a bit Catholic.”

No comments: