Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dead Rite chapter 173.12


“I'll be careful.” He was careful to conceal his triumphant grin. “I'll take it easy, I promise. Nothing strenuous and if there's any running involved I'll direct Peters to do it, all right?”

“I suppose so.” Beryl's pursed lips offered an opposing opinion. “No eating junk food, either. A bacon sandwich could block your arteries for good.”

“No greasy foods, check.”

“And no sugar, either. And skimmed milk in your tea. And no coffee.”

He crossed to the wardrobe to select a shirt. “Pshaw. When have you ever known me to drink coffee?”

“That's true enough.” Beryl stood, sighing as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders. “You'll want some breakfast before you go?”

It was less a statement than an order. He smiled. “That'd be lovely.”

No comments: